Prague is one of the most popular destinations on the continent, dubbed as the Paris of the east is drawing in 4 million visitors annually.
Here are the Top 10 Tourist Attractions to see in Prague:
2. Charles Bridge. A 600 year-old bridge that connects the Lesser Town and the Old town. It is Prague’s most famous landmark, and most visited sights in town. It is once known as the Stone Bridge that spans 16 arches and is lined with 30 Baroque statues of religious figures.
3. Astronomical Clock – It is considered as the third-oldest astronomical clock in the world and the oldest one still working. Every hour tourists gather to watch the Astronomical Clock strike 4. St. Vitus Cathedral – is the largest church in Prague, a gothic cathedral that contains the tombs of many of the Bohemian Kings and Holy Roman Emperors.
5. Petrin Hill and Observation Tower – it was built as mini version of Paris’s Eiffel Tower, a 60m tall and it sits on top of Petrin Hill, which is 318m. It is a favorite recreational park that gives you a magnificent view of the entire Prague.
6. Dancing House – also called as ‘Fred and Ginger’, is a unique modern architectural design that is set in a fine location by the Vltava River in Prague. It was built in 1990’s by world-renowned architects Vlado Milunić and Frank O. Gehry.
7. Wenceslas Square – is the central business and commercial district in the New Town of Prague. It is known for its wide variety of shops and nightlife. On a cold day, it was nice to be able to get some hot wine
8. Church of Our Lady before Týn – is a wonderful church that gives you a genuine fairy-tale-like feeling. It is believed that Tyn Church is the model for Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty castle.
10. Klementinum library – is hailed as the world’s most beautiful library. It is unbelievable how this place takes you into the past. It´s full of history and really worth seeing. Also the views from the very top of the astronomical tower are worth the climb.