We all dream of a european trip, a place rich of artistry, sophistication and passion. And as a Filipino we get too intimidated of the cost. Europe has its reputation as being lavish and expensive. But it doesn’t have to be a complete budget buster.
Here are the tips on how to travel Europe on a budget:
- Always book way ahead of time.
- Subscribe to airline’s newsletter to get promo updates sent to your email address
- Once seeing a good flight deal, grab it right away.
- Php 10,731 to get to Europe
- After flights, accommodation is the biggest cost when travelling; hostels have become more popular choice for the cost-conscious travelers. You have an option to stay in a private or dorm type room. It is also a great way to meet new friends.
- Stay with your friend or relative’s house to cut expenses
- Know the available promo and perks from your credit card company. They offer discount on partnered hotels.
- you can get significantly cheaper prices if you are willing to stay away from the city center
- You can also try Airbnb, they offer great value
- Hostel has a kitchen that you can cook in.
- Food and Drinks in the local supermarket is more inexpensive than in the restaurant or Boulangeries.
- Limit eating out.
- Walk as much as you can, but if you can’t then use public transport over taxis.
- In my 14 days in Europe, the only time I take public transportation is whenever I go to the city from the Airport. I just walk, walk, and walk each day. It may sound strenuous, but that’s the only way I can save some bucks and to enjoy and discover some place. Well, I got weary and my feet hurt badly, but it was worth it.
- ALWAYS OPEN your wifi as most of the establishments have free wifi access especially in airports
- Download offline maps for easy and free navigation
- Download Skype, Viber, Whatsapp for free phone callss
- All the main museums are free during first Sunday of the month in Paris.
- There are a lot of free attractcions that you can enjoy. (Going up to the summit of Eiffle will cost you 17euro, but the experience is well worth it.
Join Free walking Tour
- Join a free walking tour wherein they will take you in one or more tourist destinations. It’s up to you if you are going to give a tip at the end of the tour
If you have other tips, please do share. Happy travels! 🌏